Apple OS X Lion is available through the App Store since 20 th July 2011. With a download of about 4 Gig it does make sense to get hold of an installation DVD for Lion.
Here is how you can create one:
- Download OS X Lion through the App Store.
- Once the download is finished do not immediately install it. (If you already done so you can re-download the “Install Mac OS X Lion.app” by holding the option key (alt) and clicking on the purchased Lion Icon under Purchased). 
- In your Application folder and or Dock you will see the “Install Mac OS X Lion” application.
- Right Click on the Lion symbol -> Options -> Show in Finder.
- Burn the DVD (no Dual Layer required) of the image “InstallESD.dmg” which is under SharedSupport.
- The DVD allows you to:
* Restore From Time Machine Backup – You have a backup of your system that you want to restore.
* Reinstall Mac OS X – Set up and Install a new copy of Lion.
* Get Help Online – Browse the Apple Support website to find help for your Mac.
* Disk Utility – Repair or erase a disk using Disk Utility.
Utilities allow you to manage:
* Firmware Password Utility
* Network Utility
Please Note possible installation problems:
Update 27072011: If you experienced problems during Lion installation and did erase your install media you might get the error “There was a problem installing Mac OS X”. This is caused by parts of the broken installation are kept in the parameter random access memory (PRAM) and nonvolatile RAM (NVRAM). To reset Mac PRAM, see: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379
[ 1 ] Apple Support Communities:
[ 2 ] Erasing Mac Parameter random access memory (PRAM)